SWG v Nature II

Jan 22, 2014
My PB is pushing the Nature II over the SWG. I am beginning stages of the project and I originally wanted a SWG. My PB says it is a bad idea due to cost and corrosion. Any feed back would be helpful. Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We NEVER recommend and mineral system such as the Nature II {except for use in a hot tub} as the metal that it adds to the water can result in expensive and ugly staining of the pool and turn your hair green. It also does not keep the water sanitized and is NOT approved by the EPA to claim that it sanitizes the pool. Chlorine is really the best option.

The only problems with SWGs are if you use soft natural stone around the pool and live in a dry climate.
You could also use an automated method to inject liquid chlorine instead of the SWG.

I suggest reading a good bit of Pool School
and you will quickly know more than the builder about the chemistry.

Also take a look at alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html and do a search for Nature II for more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.