Why not make PoolMath an App?

JT2006

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Southwest Arizona (Yuma)
Love this site and PoolMath has made all the difference since I started using the TFP method to maintain my pool. I was thinking how cool it would be if PooMath was an App! This way you could use it from your Smart phone or tablet. I think this would be great and very useful to those of us who use it. Not to mention I'm sure people would not mind paying for the App as well, I know I would.

It was an app when it was known as the Pool Calculator. Long story, but the rights were sold and support for the app and web site seems to have faded away.

There is actually an app based off PoolCalculator (which used the same formulas). However, the app costs money and (I think) is only on iPhone :hammer:

If I can get the resources within my office, I would love to develop a free version. I'll poke them about it and see what I can get going :whip:

blakej said:
There is actually an app based off PoolCalculator (which used the same formulas). However, the app costs money and (I think) is only on iPhone :hammer:

If I can get the resources within my office, I would love to develop a free version. I'll poke them about it and see what I can get going :whip:

There is an App entitled Pool-calculator I found in the App Store it's $4.99.
I would buy it just to try it out but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011? so I'm understandably sceptical...

I would pay that in a heartbeat for a PoolMath App...

golfinglenn said:
I just bookmark the link from here and use it on my phones or laptops browser. I use chrome and it remembers the gallons I put in, just have to change it if I am changing from pool to hot tub. And it is always free :).

Yes I do the same on my I phone and I pad. Its really easy and like you said always free but I just thought it would be a cool and very useful App.

Uhhh...guess I haven't been paying attention! I didn't realize that The Pool Calculator was obsolete! :hammer: But, PoolMath looks to be the same....? :scratch: I see now that your name's no longer on it though Jason. So, guess I should change my Bookmark then, huh? :shock:

Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
based on the formulas used in the old Pool Calculator website, I programmed an old Casio programmable calculator to perform these same calculations. It does remember your settings and even stores some of the old results for plotting trends. If anyone is interested, I can try and post the program.

dschlic1 said:
based on the formulas used in the old Pool Calculator website, I programmed an old Casio programmable calculator to perform these same calculations. It does remember your settings and even stores some of the old results for plotting trends. If anyone is interested, I can try and post the program.
Nice! Yes, I would love to check out that program if you can find/post it :mrgreen:

I just bookmark the link from here and use it on my phones or laptops browser. I use chrome and it remembers the gallons I put in, just have to change it if I am changing from pool to hot tub.

I use the PoolMath page for my pool, and the PoolCalculator page for the hot tub. They remember their own settings, so I don't have to re-enter anything. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.