LCD Screen on Pentair IntelliFlo gone bad

omsrex

Jan 21, 2014
El Paso, TX
Hello. I have had my Pentair intelliflo VS pump just over 2 years now. I just noticed that the LCD screen is blank. it does not show anything. the pump works fine however. I cannot program anything since i can't see what it is i am programming. i check out to replace the screen i need to replace the entire drive kit which costs $600.00. is there any way to fix just the screen or maybe use some external device to program it? thanks

Reactions: Jo3216
omsrex said:
that's a really good question. I guess I could call pentair with the serial number and ask. do you know what the standard warranty is?
thanks
The standard warranty is 1 year. It also depends on if you had it professionally installed or did it yourself. After a bit of research, it does look like you would need to replace the electronics module which is kinda pricey. But before doing that, try giving Pentair a call to see if they have other suggestions.

I found another thread on here with the exact same problem:
anyone-ever-have-the-lcd-screen-go-out-on-the-intelliflo-t59505.html

This happen to my Intelliflo VF pump

The display circuit board has "NO MOISTURE PROOF COATING", so condensation collects on the bottom side of the circuit board and corrodes out the thin traces on the board. I asked Pentair to pass this information to their vendor for these boards.

If you have an Easytouch or similar controller, the pump can be programed that way.

There has been a used "Display" only listed on ebay repeatly for $130.00. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1357436018
The listing expired, you might contact the person, or wait and see if he re-lists it.

As a side note, You can change a VF into a VS, or VS into a VF by installing the respective Drive Assembly. (Not just the display)

omsrex said:
thanks for the replies. instead of getting a new drive for the pump (about$600), is it possible to get some kind of control like suntouch or something else to control the pump and other things?

It depends on how many of the circuit board traces are damaged. Mine worked with an Easytouch (Equal to Suntouch) after the display died. But you will not know for sure until you try it.

A replacement drive "Display" (used) is the cheapest repair option.

thanks
what would an easy touch or suntouch go for with my setup? would it be able to control anything else? I was planning on just replacing the drive but i am afraid it may happen again. If i do purchase a drive, is used ok and where should i look? ebay?

omsrex said:
thanks
what would an easy touch or suntouch go for with my setup? would it be able to control anything else? I was planning on just replacing the drive but i am afraid it may happen again. If i do purchase a drive, is used ok and where should i look? ebay?

You will have to shop prices on the Easytouch and Suntouch. Most likely $1000+

I know that the Easytouch can control either 4 or 8 "Aux" items, lights, pumps, etc

It will happen again, unless you either; 1) Install a pump rain hood (Dog house) and keep pad dry or 2) Coat the circuit board with moisture proof coating. ( Urethane Conformal Coating P/N 4223-55ML, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OA7AWE/ref=biss_dp_t_asn)

Personally; I would buy the used Display from the guy on ebay for $130.00, disassemble it and coat the board. If when you disassemble the display, you see spots of "green build up" on the back of the board, ask for a refund.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.