Please help identify waterfall?

Fsutim

Jan 19, 2014
I am purchasing a house with what looks like a waterfall into the pool. I can't turn the pump on because the filter has a crack in it but was curious if you can help confirm if this is a waterfall? Would it most likely be the return water line from the filter that would be pumped through these hole s that run along the top of the concrete wall? Sorry for my ignorance....As you can see from the pictures I am going to have my work cut out for me getting this pool back in shape, fortunately I came to the right place.

Attachments

• 20140119_135231.jpg
    20140119_135231.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 89
  • PicsArt_1390233900837.jpg
    PicsArt_1390233900837.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 89
Can you post a picture of your plumbing pad?
If it is a waterfall, I'm surprised not to see any type of streaking. There may be a separate valve that controls water flow it. You'll also have returns in the pool.

Check pool school. It's your friend. You really can't too large of a filter. They all have benefits and drawbacks, but it's always better to go bigger on the filter.

More pictures please and welcome to the forums.

Could one of the mods please rotate the top picture.

From the pictures, it looks like an old, warped, and painted-over sheer descent with some holes drilled in it.

So it should look like this when running.
sheerdescent.jpg

But with the holes drilled might not look as nice.

Guess when you fire it up you'll find out. LOL :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.