replacing water to remove cya

I have a 2500 gallon indoor spa which gets no sun and I think using the 4 in 1 Suncoast Complete tablets is sky rocketing the cya, close to 300, skewing all tests. When I first filled it last year it took days to vacuum and filter out all the iron and mn that comes from my well. Since then, I have been using my neighbors well to add water.
First, will these tabs to do this? And why all of a sudden?
Second, how much of the water will I have to replace?
Third, If I want to spend some time putting water in pails, letting the minerals precipitate, then filtering it before it goes into the spa, how long should it take to precipitate in a pail? Or is this impossible?

1, Yes they will....you probably just noticed it....they add CYA at a consistent rate.

2. All of it. Start anew with water you can test before you put it in and know it will be within acceptable guidelines. If you do a partial, I doubt you will get the results you want. Water is cheaper than most people think.

3.. Good in theory but it doesn't work. If your fill water hasn't reached the saturation point, putting it in a bucket will have little to do with precipitating the minerals.

OH NO!! I guess chelating agent and a cartridge. Or upgrade my well filters with a hydro-charger.
Why does it stain my toilets so quick(3 days) if it wouldn't precipitate in a bucket?
If I had to wait till spring to buy the water, how does a high CYA affect tests, the ph reads 7.8 but the chlorine reading is much higher than normal

jblizzle said:
The strips are worthless ... they give meaningless results. Make sure you get a kit with the FAS-DPD chlorine test.
I really liked strips. Easy, fast, cheap. However, I did an experiment. I filled a bottle from my pool, then I tested the water with two strips. I got significantly different results from the exact same water, doing the exact same method only a minute apart. I haven't used any strips since that day. Bogus information is worse than no information.

I've done repeat test with my titration test kit and I get matching results every time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.