Forum Access

TarheelPool

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Burlington, NC
Having access to the advice of the pool pros has been a great relief to me and I'm sure many other new pool owners. On that note, I believe that one of the new forums may soon end up being the forum of choice for new pool owners since we're locked out of PF. Understandably, it seems many of the veterans would prefer to stay at the original "meeting place" but the newcomers that they would be helping have no choice but to come to one of the alternate sites. IMHO, this will inevitably push the traffic to one or both of the new forums. I hope Ben is OK and choose not to judge him by the state of the PF forum. At the same time, I crave the knowledge that made PF such a popular site to begin with and am extremely grateful for the folks that made it possible by creating the other forums. If the status of PF doesn't change soon, it wouldn't feel right to jump ship back to PF after these guys have put so much effort into the new sites (unless of course that is what they would prefer).

I hope my opinion is not viewed as "rocking the boat" because that's not my intention. I just appreciate the new freedom to learn by posting and interacting with the pros as opposed to just lurking.

We'll all just have to wait and see what happens. For my part, I'm just trying to make as good a site as I can. This is a real learning experience, but I've been happy with the modifications and changes I've been able to make so far.

I should also mention that I have been very fortunate that some of the regulars from PF have been actively participating and am especially grateful to those who have agreed to help moderate (mod squad) the site. They have been great coaches helping to put this all together.

Hopefully others will feel the same way and continue to visit. That's really all I can do.

Like Tarheelpool, I am very grateful for an opportunity to learn and ask questions. Sean, you have created a very user-friendly forum and hopefully many of the PB and ChemGuru(s) will be here to give us some additional wisdom and help. Wonderful job and thank-you. :wink:

I, too, am very glad that you have started this forum. We are going into our third pool season and learned an awful lot from the other forum, but were very disappointed that we were unable to register and ask questions.

I look forward to this season and access to knowledgeable people!! Thanks!!

forums

I have made it a point to maintain "dual citizenship" on the PF and TFP. I like to follow some of my old posts from the past few years as well as all the new posts and people who are part of TFP. Pool owners really do need these resources and really, the best info does come from other people who have been there, done that. I haven't been to or yet seen any other new forums, is there another new one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.