Help: EasyTouch - IntelliFlo connection

FTC3

Jul 7, 2012
Las Vegas
I need some help hooking up my IntelliFlo pump to my newly installed EasyTouch. I've had the IntelliFlo for a while but just installed a new EasyTouch panel. I'm lost on how to hook up the wires and the books don't help either.

Do I simply wire the L1 and L2 from the pump to the 2-pole 20amp breaker and then wire the com cable from the pump to the panel separately?

At this time, I'm only hooking up the pump to the panel. No other external devices at this time will be hooked up.

Can you provide some advice where to hook up the wires from my pump into the panel?

If you have the "Load Center" you can wire the pump into a 20 amp breaker like you said. Or leave it wired to power however it was before installing the Easytouch. (Covered in the Intelliflo manual)

The pump is controlled by the "Comm" cable. Then you have to set everything up with the menus on the Easytouch (Covered in the Easytouch manual). I suggest you consider adding a "Screenlogic" interface in the future, it makes programming everything very simple...

jerryt: Yes, I have the load center so that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming!

From what I'm reading, if I add in my IC60, then the pump will no longer wire directly to the breaker, right? It would go to the relay, then from the relay to the breaker?

You don't use a relay with the Intelliflo. (Although with the Easytouch providing the clock for timed events because of the comm cable, it might work with a relay, I would call Pentair on that one).

Intellichlor just relies on the flow switch. (Cross fingers)

I did build a logic circuit on my install, where a current sensor closes a relay for the Intellichlor (and Intellichem) when the Intelliflo draws current.
This is a later design then the one which I posted instructions to on this forum. I don't have a schematic drawn for this version yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.