iAqualink upgrade question

vicini

Jan 18, 2014
I'm looking to upgrade my system to iAqualink. I figured I just needed the basic IQ900 since my pool was built in 2011 but some google searches have made me re-think that.

How do I tell what version of the iAqualink I need? IQ900 or IQ900-RS or other?

The controller outside by the pool equipment says Aqualink RS system. Not sure how to tell what firmware revision it's running? Do I need to do this to validate for sure?

The iaqualink website a says 2006 and newer just get the IQ900 and my pool was installed in 2011 but not sure I can just go on that.

PDA is showing the below diagnostic info:
PDA-PS4
Type: Combo
Firmware:
PPD PDA 5.0
J-Box 4.0
Handheld 3.0

Thanks for any help figuring this out.

RS requires rev R or later.
PDA requires rev 6 or later.
One touch requires rev I or later.

Note: I have discovered that the iQ wont talk to your home wireless network unless your router can broadcast "Band B". Band B is one of the earlier wireless bands. Not all the newer routers still offer B band because it isn't as fast as the newer bands out there (G, N, etc.) If you have a dual band router you can probably make it work. Otherwise, you will need to get a B band router and piggyback or daisy chain it to your existing home router.

Or you can hard wire. Keep in mind that while hard wire is a better way to go in terms of speed, It requires placement of a network wire from the pool equipment (iQ900 transmitter) to the home router.

Check with Zodiac/Jandy when purchasing, I would have to think that they will fix this shortcoming eventually if they are to stay competitive in this particular market.

iAqualink will only work with the RS version so you will have to upgrade to the IQ-900 RS for your old PDA. this should come with a new pcb (with 2 x 485 connectors) and the new chip pcb. The version 7 PDA has the new main pcb so you will only need the IQ900. The easiest way to check is to remove the front panel of the power centre and see if you have 1 or 2 brown 485 connectors (top left hand corner of main pcb) if you have 2 you are good to go if you have one you need to upgrade. But make sure you let them know it is for a Pool & Spa combo or Pool only. If you can run a cat5 cable into the iAqualink it will make it easier to connect. if not make sure you mount the iAqualink aerial as clean as line of sight you can to your router.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.