Electric bill difference from adding a pool with intelliflo

Jun 24, 2008
East of Dallas
Split from "Pump Question" thread for more specific discussion - ktdave

How much difference does everyone see to your electric bill from adding a pool? We are looking to add an unheated 17k gallon pool that would have an intelliflow pump as part of the equipment package. Just curious to see what others experience in that regard.
Thanks.

Rangeball said:
ktdave said:
I have an Intelliflo 4x160 pump and our electric bill has increased from $20 to $40 per month.

Uhm... so what was the incentive for spending the money on this pump if it cost you more to run?

I'm guessing his bill without the pool was $20 a month, and after the pool (which uses an intelliflow) his bill only went up $20...

I can't imagine having a $20 electric bill though... We use a LOT of electricity in our house apparently and even before we had the pool put in, our normal electric bill was ~$200 a month.

Tonedeaf said:
I think he was saying the pump cost increase in electricity was between $20 to $40 per month.

correct, sorry for the confusion

The electricity usage increase from not having a pool, to having a pool (with the intelliflo) over the last year has been between $20 - $40 per month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a standard Whisperflo 2hp fixed rate pump. I am spending around $200 a month to run the pump for 12 hours. Starting this week, I cut the run time to 11 hours and soon more cuts to follow. I am now looking into a pump can save me some money. Right now, I am looking at the IntelliFlo VS 3050 with a SunTouch Solar Control System. I had a Pentair tech come to the house today to look at my setup, the VS 3050 with the SunTouch Control System is what he recommended. I have to push water to two upper levels for my solar. I am going to re-work the PVC to use the 2hp fixed rate pump on just the waterfalls and jets. The Intelliflo will be the primary pump.

I have all Pentair but I don't mind looking at other similar setups. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.