Pool Pump Fitting Size

Legazy

Jan 18, 2014
Hi everyone, first time poster and a first time pool owner. I was hoping I could get some help with hopefully an easy question.

We just bought this house a year ago and everything has finally started to break down (pool equipment wise). The main concern is picking the right pump, specifically an energy efficient one so I can run the pump longer throughout the day. The pool company that came out recommended me to get a Hayward Super Pump VS (I originally was eyeing the Hayward Max Flo VS pump).

Now is this is the question I have. So when I went to web page to look up the model, I noticed that the pipe size fitting was for 1.5 inches. My current pipes for the pool is 2 inches. According to the pool guy, he says its no problem and he can put an "adapter", not sure if that was the word he used, but he can fit it in without any problems. I really don't know if that's a no-no or if that is ok to do? Any help would be appreciated in this matter, thanks everyone for your time.

Oh, in case your wondering, here are the specs of the pool:

15W x 30L
4ft Avg Depth
Currently have a broken salt system (Pool Pilot system) that will be replaced when the motor and filter gets swapped out.

I also live in Miami FL where its summer 9 months of the year :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.