NG Heater Indoors?

janthony

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 27, 2012
Clarksville, TN
Since all my other equipment is indoors, I'd like to place my heater indoors as well. As you can see, I pre-plumbed tees for installing. I have not purchased one yet, so I don't know if it will even fit. I just hoped to get a professional opinion on the practicality,safety, etc. Does anyone have their heater inside? P.S. Don't knock the plumbing work-the guy that did it was very cheap and not a professional. haha ME!

It will need to be vented to the outside and you will also need to make sure you have a supply of fresh air coming in for combustion. It doesn't look like you have much room left for a heater. What did you have in mind to install?

ps0303 said:
It will need to be vented to the outside and you will also need to make sure you have a supply of fresh air coming in for combustion. It doesn't look like you have much room left for a heater. What did you have in mind to install?
I dont really know yet. I have NG available. I figured that would be more efficient than heat pump. I just like the water near 90 deg and it takes a while here in TN for it to get there. BTW it is a 20x40 IG a bit over 30K gallons. I wish I could do solar, but I know nothing about those. Any suggestions?

A gas heater can be put indoors. However, proper installation is critical. I would recommend that you use a qualified HVAC contractor to evaluate your situation and advise you.

JamesW said:
A gas heater can be put indoors. However, proper installation is critical. I would recommend that you use a qualified HVAC contractor to evaluate your situation and advise you.
Yes I noticed a kit that is available from each manufacturer to vent them. The thing is, those qhalified HVAC guys are very pricey. I got a quote to install ductless AC in pool house for 5,200.00, but ended up doing myself for 1,700.00. Any ideas on a fair price for professional installation?

janthony said:
JamesW said:
Yes I noticed a kit that is available from each manufacturer to vent them. The thing is, those qhalified HVAC guys are very pricey. I got a quote to install ductless AC in pool house for 5,200.00, but ended up doing myself for 1,700.00. Any ideas on a fair price for professional installation?

Everybody and place is different so I can't comment on what is a fair price or not. The only thing you should do is find three like companies and get a quote from them and then see which one you like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.