Who owns one and are they worth it

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
Hey everyone, :-D
My question is this.
Anybody know much about the Savior solar surface pump filter assy's? I have seen the videos and actually talked to Michael the owner.
They appear to work as advertised. Nothing complicated about it. A float, 12VDC bilge pmp, solar panel and some filters.
They are a bit pricey, but anything with the words solar attached is pricey.
Anyone have first hand knowledge (ownership)?
I know they are not meant to be a replacement for the main pump system, just a supplement to cut down on main system run time. That I got from Michael. I also ask him about using it with a salt system, since it's meant to be run with the main system off. He said they have one for salt with it's own electrode.
Looking for input and opinions.
Thanks.

The savior looks like it has very small cartridge area so it they would likely need cleaning often...not fun imo. I hope someone can comment on it's effectiveness, since at $800 it is not trivial.

Unrelated...looking at the pictures on saviorpool's website, I saw this:

solar-pool-pump-filter-10.jpg

Imo, what a bad idea (has nothing to do with the pump).

Most debris either sinks or floats so keeping a pool clean requires mostly skimming and bottom cleaning and I would rather have a unit that skims instead of just filtering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.