Help with lochinvar pool heater

uncfan1573

In The Industry
Mar 14, 2010
I have a customer with a lochinvar ern152-a pool heater we are having issues with it turning on. I'm not familiar with the heater and hoping someone is on here. I have contacted lochinvar for help and have ran through troubleshooting steps with them and still isn't working. It's throwing a ignition failure code.
Steps we have done:
Cleaned burners
Check inlet and outlet gas pressure
Checked voltage to gas valve and it's good and opening correctly
New board
New igniter

Thanks for the help

Jacob if this is an indoor heater make absolutely sure you have enough fresh air coming in. We had one customer that had one and they had two issues. One was lack of enough fresh air. The other was a gas supply line that was too small and it was also a flexible line that had ribs inside of it. Caused the heater to jump off the floor about 1 1/2" every time it would fire, then it would flame out after about 30 seconds then try to relight. It finally ruined itself.

It's a outdoor heater. So the fresh air isn't a issue I don't believe. When we contacted lochinvar they ran through the gas air mixture and they said it was correct. Gas line is correct size and is not the flex. It's getting the correct gas pressure at the valve and after it opens it's the correct pressure. It won't even flame at all. It try's but no flame.

What kind of igniter is it? Is it a spark igniter or hot surface? Do you get gas at the igniter when it is supposed to be igniting. To me it has to be one of those two things. It either is not getting electric at the igniter or it is not getting gas at the igniter

Spark, and it's def getting electricity. And when I take the igniter out and see if it sparks it does. I smell gas outside the heater when it try's to light so I assume it's hitting the igniter as well. We cleaned the burners out with hot water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.