Concern about pump strength

Mar 7, 2013
Question for ya, I was looking at getting a Hayward Max-Flo VS, but I cannot find that many knowledgeable people around to talk with me about it. My current setup is this:
14x28 ~13200 gallons
Aqua Genie skimmer system
Pentair WF-24 1HP
booster pump to run Polaris 380
1.5" plumbing.
I have no water features. My concerns are as follows: can I run the polaris cleaner with this pump running around 1200-1500 rpm (will that provide enough flow to the booster pump)? Aqua Genie skimmer is the only return/jet in the pool and if I reduce to lower rpm after the intial 2 hr 3000rpm startup, will it still be able to filter water properly? The main reason I am looking at this pump over the Tristar is I would like take advantage of the energy savings (although our power here [Alabama] is only $0.13/kWh), run at quieter speeds, and the supposed TEFC motor extended lifetime. Our swim seasons tend to be 6-7 months at least. I know I have a relatively small pool and a medium head pump like this one would likely be fine, I am just nervous b.c. I am purchasing online at a much better pricepoint than I can get locally and having it professionally installed. Any help or incite you could provide would be very helpful. **Additional info can be provided if needed** Thanks Guys

While I'm sure that pump will be fine, post the lengths of piping from and to the pool as well as all the equipment.

The polaris doesn't need much flow so I feel like it will get plenty of water with the VS running the 1200 to 1500 rpm asked about.

There is about 22' (overestimating if anything) of total piping from back of skimmer to suction side of the pump. Not at home right so I cannot check the filter criteria, but all else is listed above. Thank you. The way the Aqua Genie works is a skimmer with 4 2 inc slits below it that act as jets that push water out, down, and around (creating lift to pull debris from bottom) to be filtered by the skimmer. The chlorine is injected via a canister within the skimmer you place the chlorine tabs in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.