New to the Group & Building A Pool in Las Vegas

Dec 26, 2013
Just wanted to say Hello! I have been watching the boards for a while and want to thank everyone for contributing info, opinions and reviews. I look forward to the info I will be getting once I get started. I am currently in Design Phase (I am doing the design and plans myself and then will have an engineer do the calcs and stamp them).

So, I guess at this point, I wanted to say Hello and open up to any suggestions from people who have done Owner Builder Pools before.

Thanks in advance! :party:
MP

Mark R said:
Always nice to see a fellow Las Vegas person on here !

Welcome and good luck !

What side of town are you on. ?
Hi Mark - I am out in old Henderson! Love it out here.
Just finished the last of my design problems, so hopefully by Monday I will have it all on paper and can talk to our engineer. Getting excited!

Hi MP,
I guess its Vegas week here on the forum, we're new too. Along with being from Vegas, the SW part of town. Looks like we're one step ahead
of you as we're currently under construction on our owner built. Be more than happy to share info with you if have any questions.

Who do you have lined up for your engineering?

We_Like_It_Hot said:
Hi MP,
I guess its Vegas week here on the forum, we're new too. Along with being from Vegas, the SW part of town. Looks like we're one step ahead
of you as we're currently under construction on our owner built. Be more than happy to share info with you if have any questions.

Who do you have lined up for your engineering?

Awesome!! I will definitely look to you for some info. We don't have anyone for engineering yet, so a reference would be great. I almost have my design completed. I will upload what I have done so far. We are still missing little things (returns and a few notes) but its pretty close to done.

Thanks We_Like_It_Hot for letting my hubby know about the personal info.....Didn't even think about it. I have officially cropped it out.

Attachments

• 140119 Pool Plan Cropped.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 23

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope problem jmpoling. You have my number now, feel free to use it if you like.

Here is a couple of suggestions if you haven't thought or done them yet. Go online to your local building dept. website and check for "Pool and Spa Plan Submittal Checklist" also you might want to design your plan on 11"x17" paper at 1/8" scale too. It seems to be the most popular scale the contractors use.

Regards,
G&D

Hi jmpoling, will this be your first owner built pool? Have a planned start date?

We found even after all the research we had done and we had done lots, at least we feel we did. We are still finding eye opening things we didn't know. Wish we would have joined this forum long ago, along with having the experience of being involved or done a pool build before we started ours.

Yes, this will be our first. I am sure there is gonna be a lot of surprises and things I didn't think about, which is why I am here. We are looking to start breaking ground mid March if I can get everything lined up.

Any suggestions or things to look out for are great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.