pentair multiple pool lighting

kkwind

Jan 13, 2014
I have one of the Intellitouch automated panels with the 8 relays. One 5G pool light one 5G spa light and 2 led lighted bubblers.I would like to control these lights independently but was told I would have to have a transformer for each one and that the relays were for high vol. only. Has anybody hooked up more than one light to this type of panel with one trans. and controlled separately? Keith

Thank's but I'm trying to find out if I need a separate transformer for each light for each relay to control 3 lights separately.I talked to a salesman at a supply house and he said he has many contractors that do this with one trans. but doesn't know how. I thought I could just feed the low vol from the trans to each relay and just hook up each low vol light to the same relays but was told to much resistance through relay for the low vol lights. One light one relay one transformer does not sound to good to me.

The transformer can stay powered 24/7

Then you add an enclosure which will be for lighting relays (Low voltage lighting should not be in the same area of the Intellitouch high voltage relays) The relay area is "High voltage only", but the relays themselves can control low voltage lighting without any issues. (The 3hp relays are 25 amp relays, the 5G lighting requires about 2 amps per light)

Route the relay control wires out the "low voltage passageway" of the intellitouch to your low voltage lighting enclosure.

PROS - independent light control

CON - small wattage drain to power the transformer 24/7

Thanks for the reply. The relay control wires plug into the back of the intellatouch control board. Do you mean take the relays out and put them in there own enclosure and then cut the control wires and extend them into the new box?

kkwind said:
Thanks for the reply. The relay control wires plug into the back of the intellitouch control board. Do you mean take the relays out and put them in there own enclosure and then cut the control wires and extend them into the new box?

Correct
You may also choose to use any relay rated for the proper amperage (2 amps for 5G lights) and fitted with a 24 VDC coil. So these relays can be smaller, cheaper, and use whatever mounting type you prefer.

Low voltage wiring and High (120v) voltage wiring need to be separated physically. Just as the low voltage passage way on the Intellitouch is separated from the High voltage (Relay?) compartment.

Thank you, that makes perfect since to me. I probably could have saved some money by just buying the logic board and a sub panel instead of the whole 1200.00 intellitouch since I'm a A/C contractor I have access to all kinds of relays. Thanks again . Keith

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.