Jun 26, 2013
Irmo, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I accidentally drained my pool last night. I was letting out water because of excessive rain, and when I put the pump back on, I turned it to backwash instead of filter. Almost all the water drained. The liner is coming loose (puffy) in several places. Do we just fill it back up, or do we need to get someone out here? Will the water make the liner go back down? Also, have I ruined my pump running it on backwash all night with the water draining/drained?

Go ahead and fill the pool back up. Eventually the weight of the water will press the liner flat again, however you may have some wrinkling if the liner shifted while emptying. Also ground water may be seeping behind the liner and causing it to look puffy. If so that will not go away until the ground water is removed or absorbed by the soil. It is not uncommon for the liner to "float" in spots after heavy rains if ground water gets behind the liner even in a completely filled pool. You can try and smooth out any wrinkles as you fill the pool.

If the pump was still running and not making odd or loud noises it should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.