Jandy Aquapure error code 170 -Need opinion pls.

Jan 11, 2014
Corona/CA
On Monday, the Jandy started beeping and produced an error code of 170. None of the front controls work when pressed so, there is no way to turn the unit off unless I pull the power.

I tested the voltage coming from the transformer to the back board and the voltage is correct. I tested 1-8 and all readings were correct.

I then tested the Cell Test Points and did not get any readings. There appears to be no current running from the back board to the Cell in this area. Keep in mind, I did unplug the front board from the back board along with the Cell Sensor in the front board.

I also ran the test on the front board by pressing the Salinity, R Temp, H Temp and pressing the corresponding buttons on the front. Some of those 3 tests passed (numbers were a little bit off) and others failed.

I did test the current going from the back board to the front board on test points A and C on the front board and got the correct reading.

Is it safe to say that it is the back board because of the Cell Sensor voltage reading on the back board? Or is it the front board. Looks like the front board costs about $500 to replace from my shopping. The back board looks cheaper.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.