Need some info and help with valve actuators.

HX_Guy

Nov 13, 2013
Sorry for all the posts guys, new pool owner here. :p

I have two manual valves that I want to upgrade to automatic with valve actuators. How hard is this to do and which should I go with? I see Pentair makes one (model CVA24T) that around $125 online and Intermatic (PE24VA) also does and it's quite a bit cheaper at $77 and has good reviews, will either one work with my Pentair EasyTouch system? How do I go about installing it? Tried to find some guides online and not much luck.

77.jpg

Thanks, I ordered the Intermatic.

Now another question...do I have enough AUX available for 2 valve actuators? It doesn't seem like it...can I add two actuators on the same AUX?

AUX1 is the pool light, and AUX 2 was setup as a low-speed pump function for the waterfall, which leaves only AUX3 available I think since I have the EasyTouch4, correct?

panel.jpg

Ok that would be good, as I'd want both valves to turn at the same time so that the water features turns on and also the cleaning system to shut off (turning on the returns).

Another question...with these actuators, can the valves still be manually turned if you want or are they only controlled through the AUX? Also, if I do want to add AUX 4-7 in the future (for landscape lighting, etc), what would I need to buy?

Thank for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.