Jandy Aqualink RS remote control not starting spa/heater?

Jul 30, 2013
The spa heater stopped working recently and here's where I am:

I cannot start the spa heater from the remote control unit that's mounted inside the house. When I push "spa heat" on the controller, the spa heat is enabled (little green light turns on) but the pump does not start (nor do the electric valves out by the pool equipment automatically rotate from pool mode to spa mode).

Before, when the spa heater worked properly, when the "spa heat" mode was pressed the pump automatically started, the heater would fire up, and the valves would rotate from pool mode to spa mode.

I am able though to go to the Aqualink control box (out by the pool equipment), switch the unit into "service" mode, and push the "spa mode" and "heater" buttons - and the valves turn into the right position and the pump and heater fires up like normal.

I guess if I am not able to figure out why the remote isn't doing it's job, I can always go out to the controller and manually fire everything up - but it sure would be nice to be able to use the remote from inside the house.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated!

Re: Jandy Aqualink RS remote control not starting spa/heater

I'm certainly not an expert on these things, but there is one thing I know you could try: does the remote successfully control any other features? If so it's a programming issue, if not it's likely a problem with the remote or its connection to the box. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will stop by to help!

Melt In The Sun said:
I'm certainly not an expert on these things, but there is one thing I know you could try: does the remote successfully control any other features? If so it's a programming issue, if not it's likely a problem with the remote or its connection to the box. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will stop by to help!

Ahhh, the plot thickens...

So after checking the other automatic valve (that normally operates when the solar heat is enabled), same issue - nothing.
In the past, when I push the "solar heat" button on the remote in the house, the pool pump would start and then the valve would activate (passing the water up through the solar panels).
I am able to also go out to the control box, by the pool equipment, and manually push the "solar heat" button and "pool pump" and it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

hustler said:
Melt In The Sun said:

Ahhh, the plot thickens...

So after checking the other automatic valve (that normally operates when the solar heat is enabled), same issue - nothing.
In the past, when I push the "solar heat" button on the remote in the house, the pool pump would start and then the valve would activate (passing the water up through the solar panels).
I am able to also go out to the control box, by the pool equipment, and manually push the "solar heat" button and "pool pump" and it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, the remote works fine as far as turning the pump on and off (following the daily programed schedule,)as well as all the other pumps that come on during the week (fountain, waterfall, etc.).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.