Why are things like baja shelf considered "premium features"

mkmkmkmk

Dec 31, 2013
Northridge, CA
I've been talking to a number of pool builders. When I tell them I want a baja shelf, several have indicated that it is a "premium feature".

I don't understand the logic: Grading doesn't need to do extra work. Rebar doesn't need to do extra work. Shotcrete/Gunite may have to do a tiny bit of extra work to be careful about making sure it's leveled properly. Plaster same thing.

The amount of incremental work for this is minimal.

Is this just a way for PB's to justify an increase in price or am I missing something?

Re: Why are things like baja shelf considered "premium featu

I don't know the definitive answer but can tell you that my baja shelf and steps took quite a bit longer to shape. That area of my pool was never itemized though it was lumped under the pool cost so I never saw how much it actually cost me.

Re: Why are things like baja shelf considered "premium featu

Seems like all the cool stuff is extra - tanning ledge, benches, water features, LED lights, better tile, stone, plaster, snazzy controllers - every time you turn around it's another upgrade! They know you want it so they charge more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.