New Pool Equipment Recommendations

G

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at a new in-ground legacy pool with a vinyl liner. It is a 16 x33 kidney shape with about 18,000 gallons. What equipment would you guys recommend such as pump, filter, SWG, pipe size, how many skimmers etc ?? I'm new to pools and would like to educate myself a little and compare what is best, and what the PB is recommending. Thx!

Is there going to be any water features? If not, then a 3/4 - 1 HP 2-speed pump would be fine.
Pipe size depends on how everything is plumbed, although bigger pipe has less resistance.
1 skimmer is likely fine (if on the prevailing downwind side), but 2 likely would not hurt anything.
SWG should be sized 1.5-3 times the size of the pool, so I would suggest a 40k cell.
What kind of filter do you want?

Have you read Pool School?
Specifically this section: category.php?c=construction_and_upgrade_choices

We where considering a small waterfall feature. A cartridge type filter I believe. I did read the pool school upgrade choices, thx. I think I will look at them again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.