Help! My de push pull valve opened itself?!?!

Nov 30, 2012
I wonder if its the freeze? I have a freeze guard and it is functioning. I heard water rushing tonight all of a sudden and went out and my push pull valve was up and my pool was back washing itself!

How does this happen? It's back in place now but I worry I'll lose a ton of water if it releases tonight. Luckily temps are supposed to be in the 40s on out this week so in the am I can hit the kill switch and figure out wtf happened.

You don't list which brand valve you have, but I suspect it had something to do with the freeze and maybe the valve wasn't seated completely. We've never had a report of that happening so it's not a common problem.

Does your valve twist lock down or just slide down and seat in place and the water pressure holds it in place?

I have a VCV Push Pull 7.5ABS valve.

I looked at it this morning and the plastic seating ring snapped off. I assume for some reason pressure built up inside or the push pull failed in such a way to basically push the valve completely up. It was pulled out all the way when I found it.

Pics in next post.

My plan is to replace the entire thing. Pool is fully shutdown now. Low temp is 40 for next 7 days so I'm safe.

Attachments

• 20140108_090315 (Small).jpg
    20140108_090315 (Small).jpg
    106 KB · Views: 27
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.