How much can I drain my pool?

Jun 25, 2008
I have a 24 ft above ground pool. My pool looked like a swamp when I opened it. It also had alot of debris at the bottom. I was told by a pool company not to drain my pool? I have read your forums and could not find any information on this subject with above ground pools. How much of the pool can I drain to get the debris out of the bottom? I was told if I drained it the liner would shrink. I really do not know any other way to get it out. Also I was told it I put new sand it the filter it will help clear the pool. Thanks jdeltateacher

You do NOT need to drain your pool! All you need is POP *pool owner patience*, a leaf rake and lots of bleach for shocking, a pool brush to brush the sides and bottom and running your pump 24/7 til it clears.

If you drain it, you may run the risk of ruining the liner and causing your walls to collapse. :shock: It is un~necesary! :wink:

Casey said:
You do NOT need to drain your pool! All you need is POP *pool owner patience*, a leaf rake and lots of bleach for shocking, a pool brush to brush the sides and bottom and running your pump 24/7 til it clears.

If you drain it, you may run the risk of ruining the liner and causing your walls to collapse. :shock: It is un~necesary! :wink:
Thanks for the info. Could you give me some information on how to change the sand out of my pump? I have a waterway. Thanks

I'm sorry. I can't. I don't know a thing about them. I have a Hayward DE.

Someone will be around shortly to help. (They really know their stuff! 8) )

Hope you can get swimming soon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.