Wet Edge Luna Quartz

Welcome to TFP!

Color is a matter of taste and what color you want your water to be. Personally I like lighter colors and naturally blue-ish water. I don't prefer black or really brown/tan finish. Wet Edge has a lot of great youtube videos showing different colors, and choosing colors.

No problem - hoping it will be early next week, due to the current rain. We knew we wanted a darker blue - all the saved photos I had were with darker finishes. When we met with him, he had lots of samples including pebbletec - which I was leaning to, after reading on this, as well as other sites. He put the samples in water so we could see approximately how they will look and then had us feel them. I thought the wet edge was smoother and would be better on everyone's feet. He said he had installed it on several pools and loved it, so much in fact, he said he's planning on putting it in his new pool. I don't remember the names of the other colors, but one had a more greenish cast and the other was more gray but still dark. The other deciding factor was our pool is only 6 and a half ft deep and in a lot of the photos the pebbletec was a different color in the shallow end, tanning ledges and benches, which I didn't care for. Hoping I won't be sorry!

mcarrizal said:
I would love to see a pic at all stages of application if you take them. Thanks!

Did you look at others? If so what others did you like? Why did you choose Barbados?

Thanks!

This is the best video I've seen showing the application of a finish, beginning to end. It's a really informative video for applicators, but very interesting if you are interested in how it's done. If you are wanting smoother, I would suggest looking at mini pebble or quartz. Much more smooth is a sanded/polished finish, but they are pricier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqBlnD4O ... Sg&index=4

Thought I would share this on the wet edge finish because I'm pretty pumped - the superintendent stopped by this afternoon and plaster is on for Monday. We were talking about the finish and he said it's going to be spectacular - these guys do a great job with wet edge and the color I picked is one of the best. I told him I hoped so since there weren't many photos of it online and he was surprised because he thought Barbados was one of the best color choices he'd seen. Says it makes a great looking pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love the color! I wonder what it is equivalent to on wetedge's site, I don't see Barbados listed anymore. I was leaning towards Pacific, Aruba, or Montego and then we looked at the Bermuda in our pool and decided that was what we wanted. Or the wife decided anyway. I really like the dark blues but I am worried about the water temp, maybe I shouldn't be. I am in DFW as well, in Allen and our white plaster pool routinely hits 92-94 in the heat of the summer.

Here are two more that show the color in the sunlight - it's hard to capture the sparkle in it, but you can clearly see all the way to the bottom. I don't know why wet edge doesn't have it on their website, the plaster guys told me it's one of the most popular colors. I was a little concerned about the temp but since I'm more of a bath water temp swimmer, I hope it will be ok.

I have been emailing wetedge about the colors and some are no longer made. Of course there is inventory in the channel so that's why you still see builders offering it.

It seems like they have gotten rid of the really dark blue quartz finishes like Barbados and Mediterranean do to installation issues and potential scale issues. That's not to say there will be problems with these finishes.

Scale concerns are not new, basically any dark quartz or plaster has that concern. That's one of the reasons for the pebble finishes. In the end I think the darker colors are beautiful and will think long and hard about this. Plus my wife already picked Bermuda which is grey so my decision is really made... I was trying to talk her into a darker finish.

Readyforpool - where did you get your accent tiles for the steps? I was looking at the Noble Tile catalog and I mainly saw 6inch waterline tile. I would like to find some step accent tile that matches my arizona flagstone.

Readyforpool - where did you get your accent tiles for the steps? I was looking at the Noble Tile catalog and I mainly saw 6inch waterline tile. I would like to find some step accent tile that matches my arizona flagstone.

They are from the builder, I don't know the name but they were just basic black 2 inch glazed ceramic or porcelain tiles on a mesh sheet that they cut apart and laid on a diamond pattern to give it some personality. Probably the same kind you can find at lowes or any tile store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.