TIC GS3 + GS50 Speakers?

zimm27

Oct 25, 2013
Texas
I am planning some speakers for out around our pool and have really gotten into the idea of putting the speakers into the landscaping around the pool for better positioning (avoiding a really loud porch with speakers under the eaves just to get things decently audible at the pool). I have really read nothing but good things about the TIC GS3 speakers and have just found out that the GS50 subwoofer acts as a crossover for two GS3 speakers so they seem like a great combination. Does anyone have some direct feedback on these for me? Based on the reviews I think I am going to give them a shot, but the cheap prices and fact that I can't find any locally to listen to make me a bit nervous. I appreciate any info anyone may have.

Thanks!

While I do not have the exact same TIC speakers I do have a pair of TIC TFS5CN and a pair of Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5. The Boston Acoustics way out sound the TIC, BUT for bang for the buck I would go with the TIC again. I lucked out and got the BA for 70 bucks each on Amazon while the were regularly 200+ dollars each. The TIC sound great for the money I spent and I would buy them again. BTW - If you buy from Amazon you can always return them if you do not like them.

Thanks for the input. Even though they are not the same speakers as the ones I am looking at - what about your TIC speakers did you find lacking? Were they muddy, lack a good low end, etc? Looks like both the models you mentioned have similar sized drivers in them so I would assume they are on a level playing field other than quality/design. I am not entirely surprised the more expensive unit sounds better but still have the hopes that these TIC GS3 units are a "diamond in the rough" and can really be a good option.

I had my eyes on a set of Acoustic Research AW6500 for out on the porch under the eaves but while they would be great it doesn't help with avoiding an overly loud porch just to be able to hear the music well at the pool over the waterfalls, splashing, etc. Placing the speakers mid-way seems to be a better option and I am hoping it works out better for not blasting the neighbors either. I unfortunately am pretty particular about speakers so I definitely will be buying from someplace I can return to if needed.

To me they just don't have the full rich sound. Don't get me wrong they sound great, but when you listen in my backyard and go between the two pairs of speakers you can tell a difference. The louder I play them the more you can tell. The TIC speakers just don't have a deep rich sound. I guess that would be on the low end. However I would definitely buy another pair of the TIC if my Boston Acoustics went go out. Just because I am cheap and think they are still a good value. BTW - The neighbors don't like loud music. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.