LIQUIDATOR RATE OF FLOW WITH VARIABLE SPEED PUMP QUESTION

Mar 10, 2013
FOLKS, NEED SOME OPINIONS HERE...

I have a variable speed pump and have tried running at several speeds in the low range but it really affects my rate of feed from the liquidator. In the low speeds my rate of feed is at 0..

Take a look at the pics and see if there would be a better way to plumb it in my system that I can increase the flow going back to the liquidator in the low range of my pool pump..

Re: LIQUIDATOR RATE OF FLOW WITH VARIABLE SPEED PUMP QUESTIO

Unfortunately you have found a drawback of the LQ. It requires enough suction head on the outlet side to make it flow.

It doesn't look like you have enough room in the plumbing to add a valve that you could partially close off to create some artificial suction head when running on low.

Could you simply program your pump for say two hours a day at a higher RPM and adjust the Liquidator to deliver the desired chlorine in that period of time, then while in lower RPM energy saving mode no Chlorine exchange would be occurring or need as dosing was delivered during the 2 hour high rpm run?

Could you simply program your pump for say two hours a day at a higher RPM and adjust the Liquidator to deliver the desired chlorine in that period of time, then while in lower RPM energy saving mode no Chlorine exchange would be occurring or need as dosing was delivered during the 2 hour high rpm run?

I am in the process of converting from a single speed to a variable speed pump... and am also a Liquidator Lover... this is my plan (running at higher speed) to both operate my Kreepy Krawly as well as my Liquidator.

Any thoughts... or is this pretty much the way it is with the variable speed setups?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.