indoor Pool ( Wall & Cieling construction Methods )

Ihdoor pool (construction design methods) for walls/cielings.
I've been unable to get a direct answer from contracters engineer!
Regarding, (Wall Construction)
matierials used in constructing walls. ( listed from inside wall to extierior of wall )
1) moisture resistant mess tape & compound
2) moisture resistant 1/2" drywall board
3) 2"x6" Extierior walls 3 1/2" ( R -21) Polarfoam PF7300-Soya CCMC certified 2 lb. polyurethane
4) 5/8" plywood standard grade
5) tyvec wrap
6) single layer of tar paper not sure om grade apeared to be a quality product
7) stucco mesh & 1st application of stucco
8) 2nd finishing coat was applied with an elastimeric type of additive for moisture block
Lastly buildings HVAC system was approved & passed by engineer
Q. Will this method of biuld prevent moisture migration inside the wall cavity thus, moisture damage &
formation of molds?

This is not a direct answer to your question, but I can tell you what has worked for me, with an indoor pool built a bit over 30 years ago.

Concrete and metal building with blown in foam insulation with good exterior grade wood siding for panelling on most interior walls

Here are some photos I posted of the roof replacement done last year

my-not-indoor-pool-at-the-moment-t43536.html done last year

Not shown is the kitchen, dining area, bathroom, bbq pit, etc. Wood siding you can see a bit of in one photo as well as the horizontal wood planks above the glass doors (making trough covering indirect lighting fixtures) is pecky cypress

You may notice a warmer tone in the last photo, previously the interior concrete block wall sections (and old interior foam insulation) were painted off white with a blue tint, now they are off white with a sunset peach tint.

Overall the pecky cypress has held up very well, only refinished once about 10 years ago, you may note one column behind the scaffolding torn out with old insulation showing, it along with other side and end corners were framed with conventional wood moulding and plywood which did not hold up so well in the long term.

The bathroom has conventional drywall with cloth type wall paper which held up reasonably well, although the wall paper does need to be replaced every 10 years or so, much the same goes for the painted plater ceilings in the kitchen and dining areas.

Ike

p.s. here is a link to my solar heat installation thread with one outside shot with the new roof on, still needed some trim paint at the time the photo was taken though.

solar-panel-replacement-update-t56572.html

Yikes! That's a bit above most everyone's pay grade. There's a lot of smart engineers on here but they are likely not pool engineers and in your area both.

I would improve my line of communication with engineer or PB.

I am no expert in construction, but I do know from other threads about indoor pools that ventilation is very important for controlling humidity. Ventilation with a powered HVAC system is good, but you should also have a passive ventilation system in place utilizing roof vents and windows or louvers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.