TF Test Kit Question

dandjpool

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 25, 2007
Illinois
I got my kit (quick shipping!) but I am having a little issue.
I tested the TA and it measured at 260.
I figured there could be know way this is true so I tested again, and again 260.

I grabbed my old taylor kit and it read 130.
I grabbed my old walmart kit and it measured 130.
Why is the tf-100 giving me such a different reading?

I was thinking that the acid bottles dropper might be letting out too small of a drop or something

waterbear said:
There have been some issues with bad dropper tips but I don't know the details. Send a PM to Duraliegh and he will help you sort it out quickly.

Thanks! I almost flipped out.

There was a point a year or so ago when I couldn't get the TA down from 230 (and the PH was at 6.8).
I thought I was back in that situation for a minute there. I spent the whole summer muriaerating.

Best Customer Service Ever!

waterbear said:
There have been some issues with bad dropper tips but I don't know the details. Send a PM to Duraliegh and he will help you sort it out quickly.

Waterbear, I took your advice and contacted duraleigh and told him what ws going on.
He contacted me within an hour and asked me to explain my problem in more detail.
When I told him exactly what was going on he asked for my number and called me on the phone.
I did a couple of tests altering the r0009 reagent from the tf100 and my old taylor kit.
There is a new bottle of R0009 on it way and I am very happy with a purchase and customer service for the first time in a while. :whoot:

For a second there I questioned my purchase, I'll admit, but I am a lifetime customer now for sure.
We went over my problem, came up with a resolution, then he gave me 15 minutes of free advice on how to get my pool right (cya).
(Apparently I have 2 choices - Do another partial drain or let it go swamp and buy a semi full of chlorine bleach :-D )
Very nice guy and excellent business man. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.