Astral viron chlorinators

Dec 24, 2013
I was wondering if anybody has any experience with these babies.

I have an Astral Viron VpH V25 chlorinator.

It has a chlorine setting from zero to eight. During this hot Aussie summer, I have been running it on 8.

But on hot days, it sets itself back DOWN to 7 with a message that says "TOO HOT DL7". In fact it has gotten as low as 6 with a message that says "TOO HOT DL6".

Nobody I've asked knows what this means - not the pool shop guys, not the poll manufacturer and not anyone else I know that has one.

If it is lowering its chlorine production because it's too hot, that would be pretty useless since it's on those days when you need maximum chlorine being generated!

It is down to 7 again now, it's nearly 37 degrees Celsius outside ( and to top it off, a dead bird has appeared in my pool).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated if anybody knows what's going on with these things.

By the way, the manual is useless - it doesn't even refer to this message at all.

Hi mick

I have one of those viron ph chlorinators. It has not had that error on its display but mine is installed in an enclosure which might keep it cooler.

i would suggest you give astral a ring at their head office in Melbourne as they have technical support there so hopefully someone will b able to tell you what the error means.

Also by following the guidelines here i upped the CYA levels in my pool to 70 and have been able to run the chlorinator on 6 and its been maintaining a FC of around 4.5.

Paul

Hi Mick967

I also have a problem with my chlorinator which is giving me a message "TOO HOT DL5"

Everything over the last 6 months since our pool was installed had been perfect until l got home today and l read this message.
Does anyone know what this message means as l have tried looking up other forums and posts and cannot seem to fins any information regarding this issue.

I have also emailed this evening Astral Pools to find out if they can shed any more light on this issue that l have. My pH was at 6.8 today but considering the weather that we have had in Melbourne over the last few days and what we are going to experience over the next few this is quite good.

I just want to ensure that there are no other problems that may eventuate if this is not resolved.

If anyone has any thoughts or feedback.

I am also going to contact Astral tomorrow to find out, if they can give me any further information l would be more than happy to post this to hopefully help others who may suffer the same issue.

As for the manual l agree there is very little information in this and no mention of the error code that we are experiencing.

There is a problem with this thread. There are no test results posted.

To get a complete picture of what's happening in your pool, current test results are a requirement.

It is possible your troubles are centered around not having enough CYA or a need to SLAM your pool and have little to do with the chlorinator........probably not but very possible

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.