Best place to buy bleach?

Enzman

Dec 30, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I've read quite a few of your posts in these forums, and have taken in a lot of information. Based on that, I was wondering if anyone has tried any of this bleach online at amazon? I haven't begun the bleach adding yet, as I still have to order a test kit. Just looking for a little info on if I should pursue this brand, or stick with some other local stuff. Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the information I've read so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Bleach-gal ... rds=bleach

Welcome to TFP!

What is the strength? How old is the stock? Looks to be no better priced as you may find locally.

There are calculators in the forum to determine the best deals.

From the picture provided on Amazon it looks like that is 5.25% bleach which is not very strong. However 6 gallons for $11 is very good. I get my bleach from Costco 3 gallons at 8.25% for about $10.

I also get it from Walmart when I need it quickly at about $3.50 a gallon 8.25%.

The pure brite brand bleach is good, I often get it through the family Janitorial and Cleaning supply company at cost, I can't comment on how fresh it is from Amazon though. My only complaint about it is the pull tabs on the lids often tear off without pulling the seal loose.

Ike

Rocco said:
From the picture provided on Amazon it looks like that is 5.25% bleach which is not very strong. However 6 gallons for $11 is very good. I get my bleach from Costco 3 gallons at 8.25% for about $10.

I also get it from Walmart when I need it quickly at about $3.50 a gallon 8.25%.

$6 shipping so it's more obv, but I pride myself on being a good shopper, or at least exhausting all avenues.

Rocco said:
However 6 gallons for $11 is very good.

I think the Amazon listing is misleading. I believe it's $11.95 for each gallon. There's lots of conflicting information given. The physical size is 12.9 x 12.9 x 12.6 which would be a single bottle, but the product weight is stated as 59.6 lbs (or 58 lbs shipping?) which sounds like the case weight. There's no way a case weighing almost sixty pounds is going to ship for $6. A single gallon I can believe, but not a case of 6. Buyer beware!

I'd stick with local stuff. $18ish for 6gallons of questionable quality isn't a huge deal. WalMart carries a gallon jug for just around $3 every day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have not personally had to challenge, due to using the Pool Calculator and all the numbers reflect what it should. My local Pool Store (Warehouse Pool Supply) told me if the potency is off, please bring it back for exchange - they guarantee rotation of product, hence it's potency as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.