LifeTime Supporter
Apr 3, 2012
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are looking for new above ground pool. Size 21' X 43' X 54" . Does anyone here know someone who can prepare the ground for me? I live in Frankfort IL 60423. My backyard have a little slope.
Never before used heavy equipment and this is probably what the installer will need to use.
I can put the pool together myself.
Thank You

You might contact local landscapers and ask if they would be willing to do ground prep for you. Depending on how steep the slope you may need retaining walls before or after the pool pad.

Pysiek said:
After leveling the ground. Difference between highest point and the lowest will be around a foot.

After the site is level there should be no difference. It should be level to within an inch at the most.

You could also look for a small excavating company to get the site prepared.

I have never install a pool like that myself. Is it hard? I'm pretty good at doing any work. Few months ago I build myself a two story deck. Attached to our house. Passed all the county inspections the first time :)

If your handy you should be ok. The most important thing is getting everything level. It starts with the site being level. Having at least two - three extra people will help out a lot. The liner is another thing you want to get right. There is a lot of threads documenting this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So far the first quote I received
"Kris the price it will depend on the floor prep, but if it's only removing the grass, put the play sand and installation it will be about $600.00"

Everybody will have different opinions on that. I personally like the round and had the space for it. We are very happy with it.
nu9esu7e.jpg

Your pools looks awesome. I changed my mind and we will buy 30' X 54" round. I can get the full package with filter and all the other stuff and still pay about $1000 less then for oval itself.

Another thing to look at. The pump and filter in the pool packages are usually miss matched. By that I mean the pump is too large and the filter is too small for the pool size. You want to go with a bigger filter and a smaller 2 speed pump. My 1 hp 2 speed is plenty of pump. Most of the time for general filtration I run it on low. For better skimming and vacuuming , mixing bleach when I add I use high. You won't be sorry.
I opted out on the pump filter combo when I got our pool and they credited me. I just went and got the filter and pump I wanted.

Although ovals hold their place in the pool world, if you can fit a round pool, that's the way to go. Go with the biggest round you can fit because wishing you had a smaller pool said no one ever. :goodjob:

Ovals are excellent for home owners who can't fit a pool in their yard because of space and the like. Some chose them on looks alone but I'd say it's more because of the lay of their land lots.

They also look harder to install by a DIY'er in my opinion. My Dad and I installed our pool with the help of my son and friend last summer within 2 hours (hubby helped too but he was recovering from a bike accident so he got a pass). I did a lot of prep work myself before they came out to help but I had a hose running water within 2 hours of bolting the wall together. I ended up hiring an excavator who digs pools on the side. He did my dad's so I felt good with him finishing mine. He charged me something like $500 I think. He was worth every red cent he earned on our backyard hillside.

There are so many threads you could get lost in on this forum. I usually just go flipping through the pages just reading, especially this time of year. One piece of advice I'd give you is do it right the first time. Make sure your foundation is A+++ That pool is going to sit there for a long time. Do it right the first time and you'll be proud of it for many years! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.