Nature's Re-fill

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Closed my pool in November after reaching 55 degrees. Drained 1 inch below returns/skimmer and drained the pipes with shop vac. Pump,filter,drained of course. I have drained approx. 4inches rain out of the pool since closing and have gained it back since this area is getting record rain fall this year (E.TN.) I am approx. 6 inches away from being full for opening. I have all returns plugged and the "gizmo" in the skmmer. Last year I drained too much and ended up having to pay for water that rain would have replaced. Will there be any harm in letting the pool start filling up for opening?? I plan on opening the first of March or when the temp. approaches 60 degrees. The "late closing,, early opening" sure helped in the algae batttle!! Thanks to TFP for all the info, without it I would still be paying for everything and not known what little I know of chemical balances. Besides, doing it yourself is part of the enjoyment of having a pool!

Nothing wrong with letting nature fill it back up. Just keep an eye on it. If your getting too much rain you might have to drain some off.

Your right about opening before water temp hits 60. Less chance of algae forming.

Good job !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.