Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure gauge removal

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure gauge removal

Quick question please. We have a Jandy CL 340 filter with a nonworking pressure gauge. In order to replace the gauge, it has to be removed. We can get the whole assembly/housing off, but can't get the air gauge out of it. We've read all the books and nothing gives that info. Are we missing something? Any help ? Thanks!

jeannebbooks
    south Louisiana

18,000SWG, inground pool/Jandy filter/pump/ Waterfall with Pentair pump. New convert to BBB. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Presuure guage removal

Welcom to TFP!! Try using a 9/16" wrench on the gauge - that's the size for most of them
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pressure gauge removal

Thanks for the help. Apparently the salt, heat, and who knows what else had it really seated. However we managed to get it out of the housing and I'm off to get a replacement.
    And, by the way, now that I'm not outside typing in the dark, I'll correct my spelling errors.

Reading the posts here and following the information given have turned my pool from swamp green to blue, though somewhat cloudy. A few more days and we should be actually swimming. Thanks for being here. My debit card and I won't miss frequent visits to the local pool stores!