Hi everyone

Dec 28, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board. Just bought a home with a pool and in need of some recommendations for the pool.

I am re-doing the tile (very bad condition and comes off easily) as well as painting the surface. According to old receipts, the last re-plaster was done 20 years ago. The surface has no cracks or major defects, so I'm thinking to paint the surface with some epoxy (DuraSeal from Leslie's). I know this goes against some recommendations here in regards to painting, but it's too late for me as I've already bought the paint :( .

I need some help figuring out what type of repair cement/mortar to use for the tile area. As you can see, in chipping away the tile, some of the plaster has come off. What do i need for where the tile meets the plaster? What is material is recommended for where the tile meets the concrete patio?

I have some basic tile, concrete, and grout experience, but not with pools. Not sure of the material when it comes to pools as i believe this may need to all be waterproof/hyraulic.

1. Need help with the two areas pointed out.
2. Would thinset latex non sanded grout for the tiles be best?

Thanks for the help! I'll share the progress/pictures as I go along..

AE82wFe.jpg

ms3EFNu.jpg

V750jMI.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.