Spa Heater comes on when freeze protection turns off

Oct 29, 2013
New to the forum! Awesome site! Hoping I can find some help here on this...

New pool/spa combo, just built in Oct 2013. All Jandy equipment, stealth pump, legacy heater, aquapure swg, cv340 filter, pda, and aqualink.

Here's the issue...I turn on the spa heater when in spa mode and everything is working great. While in the spa the outside temp drops enough to enable freeze protection. When we're done in the spa, I turn the heater off first, then spa mode to off via the PDA. The freeze protection takes over and enables the equipment. The next morning when it warms up to disable freeze, the spa mode goes back on and the heater kicks on again. I turned it off the night before! Luckily I saw this happening, so hopefully the gas bill won't be bad. Anyone have any input on this? Am I turning the equipment off wrong? Thanks!

Ph - 7.6
CH - 260
Alk - 70
FC - 5
CYA - 50

This won't help you but wanted to let you know this happens to us, and when I told my neighbor, she said the same thing had happened to her. It happens to us every time we get in the hot tub if freeze protect comes on. Hope someone will answer this one!

I am so happy to hear that I am not alone. I thought I must be crazy. The same thing has been happening to us since we built the pool four years ago. I'd love to see if anyone has any advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.