Pool Pump shorted

hillyjd

Sep 25, 2009
Tucson AZ
Noticed my main pool pump not working this morning. It's a fairly new (replaced 6 month ago) Hayward Super II - problem free since I installed it until today. Pulled the electrical housing cover off and find a one of the two hot connections shorted - wired burnt off the connector - lots of black around the connection. Plan to remove motor from housing and take it to Leslie's to see if it still works. Any other suggestions?

Since the connector on the motor electronics was so fried, I pulled the motor and took it to an electric motor repair place. They said it would take a week to get a new connector and repair it, but they gave me an old slightly used connector for free. Replaced the connector and all the wiring from the control box to the pump. Now the pump runs for about a half a second and trips the pool equipment dual breaker. Sigh. The breaker was not tripping this morning, so I either wired it wrong or there's more to it. Miller time - I'll worry about this some more tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.