iAquaLink with older RS4 button controller?

jefe

Nov 22, 2013
Howdy!
After I had issues with my pump rapidly turning on and off I tried replacing the relay only to have it happen again when the temps got close to freezing again. So I figured the board may be bad and got a new iAqualink system complete with new PCB. It works great and the rapid firing issues have gone away. My questions now are:
- can I hook up my old button controller I used with the old system? It would be nice to have an alternative if wifi goes out.
- is the PCB the real "brains" to the system or should I worry that maybe it was the controller causing the pump to rapidly fire?
- if I can use the old controller do I set the jumper for multiple controllers and set it to first or second controller?
The iAqualink says the interface is "aqualink touch" and the model is "RS-4 combo"
The aqualink is "REV S"
Thanks for any all info/advice!

That's a pretty specific question and since this is the off season here no one on this time of year has probably tried what you're suggesting.

I'd say you could do it and it should be set as the second controller.

UPDATE: I took the old RS4 controller, set the jumpers to make it the "2nd" controller in the series and just tapped in the same lines already running to the iAquaLink I'd had going since I got the new PCB set up outside. Works like a charm. And even better this evening the temperature is right at the freeze protect temp and the sporadic surges to the pump are still cleared, which started my whole chain of events, so now I can control the equipment with my phone/online and with the RS4 on the wall if I'm not there or the wife needs simple access.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.