Ultra Pure Ozonator

Jun 23, 2008
My plaster outdoor pool is about 5 years old. The Ultra Pure Ozonator is not working, and I just talked to a guy who would replace it for $500. He says by the time you change the lights, the ballasts and add the new air flow gauge - it's within $100 of a new one, with a one year warranty.
My question is do you think it's worth it to replace it or is it time to join what I believe are the majority of people who don't believe in ozonators?
The Ultra Pure company is out of Canada and apparently there are only 2 people in Houston who are authorized dealers. Do a google search and there isn't much out there on them.

What does the Trouble Free world think of uv treatment of water?

Thanks - Sheri
3500 gallon white plaster pool

While ozone can be of some value in a spa it's not that worthwhile in a pool and UV bulb ozonators are very inefficient at best (In other words, they don't do a whole lot!) Corona discharge ozonators are more effective but the are expensive and usually requires a drying chamber for efficient operation. I say forget about it.

UV treatment is a whole different animal from a UV Ozonator and provides germicidal properties and helps to break down chloramines. It's a useful addition to an indoor pool but like I said, it's a different animal than a UV based ozonator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.