Booster Pump

brian987

LifeTime Supporter
Morning. My Polaris booster pump needs to be replaced and I am trying to find info about which is the best for the booster pump replacement? There is so much info here about the most energy efficient pool pumps…almost too much on that topic…but I am not finding much about the booster pumps. So, my question is: What would be the best booster pump for my Polaris? And please help me consider the cost of the pump as well as energy efficiency. Thanks.

The most energy efficient solution would be to dump the Polaris and get a cleaner that doesn't require a booster. There is no such thing as an energy efficient booster pump. They are all about the same.

But why does the booster need to be replaced and not repaired?

Unfortunately, I inherited this equipment when we bought the house 2 years ago & before that time...it had been not only a rental property that had quite a few different tenants passing through & a landlord that only ever performed the absolutely necessary maintenance tasks for the house which means that the pool was abused & neglected...but on top of that, it survived a pretty contentious foreclosure. So the booster pump not only had bearing issues, but impeller issues along with ...sounded great one day...but the next had sounds of a screaming, high pitched child that had ripped her leg off while she was eating the metal parts by taking chunks out of the impeller as it rotates. And I found a deal that I just couldn't pass up in the hopes that the abused child doesn't decide to take her revenge on me...simply because I am the current owner!

Either Pentair or Polaris pumps are fine. Your warranty is the difference, if you install the pump yourself Polaris will not give you a warranty, Pentair gives you a 60 day warranty parts only.. If a professional installs the pump you will get a 1 year warranty in either pump. All installers in Texas are required to have atleast an Appliance Installers license for you to receive a 1 year warranty..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.