Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baquacil Conversions?

1. Back To Top    #1

Baquacil Conversions?

I noticed there is no Baquacil Section, or at least a Converting from Baquacil Section.

I should think there is a need for one, with the number of conversions we saw on PF
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    100% agreed.

The"goo" victims will soon show up here in larger numbers...they need a forum of their own to get the special advice required.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I'll volunteer to write the 'sticky' on converting, probably not until Monday, tho...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Are you going to explain the bleach method, or the sodium percarbonate method?

The bleach method can cause some serious CC issues in indoor pools, not to mention taking WEEKS. Ask me how I know. . .
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test

5. Back To Top    #5
    OK - how do you know
    SW Connecticut
    18,000 Gal Freeform
    Gunite/White plaster

6. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    100% agreed.

The"goo" victims will soon show up here in larger numbers...they need a forum of their own to get the special advice required.
    I can't believe your advocating ADDING a new area to the site! You're always Mr. 'less is more.'

I'll see where I can stick it or maybe make another sub-forum.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7
    OK, it's there. Use it or lose it.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by JSHILLING
    OK - how do you know
    Just saw your post!!

How do I know about baq conversions and cc's in indoor pools. . . I did a conversion earlier this year on my indoor pool. My CC's were up to TEN or so at one point. I tested and added chlorine at least twice a day, up to 5 times a day on weekends. It was weeks before the first step was visible, another week or more before the bottom of the pool was visible. CC's went down to 6.5, then around 4, then stuck there. Got new filter sand. 5 lbs of sodium percarb brought my cc's down to about .8. Went back up to 1.4 when I chlorinated again. Used hydrogen peroxide shock and lowered cc's to about 0.6.
    Now, months later, backwashing and refreshing the water, using occasional sodium percarb shock, my cc's are about 0.3.

Sound like fun?

~Jules
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test