2000 tiger river sumatran hot tub leak and electrical issue

Dec 20, 2013
We purchased this hot tub in 2000 and worked well until about a year and a half ago. After our kids had left, the tub was used less frequently. My wife would usually just sit in it and not use the jets,heater worked fine. About a year and a half ago, I realized that the I had not drained it in about 9 months (recommended is about 3 times a year I think). Anyway, I was going to clean the Ozone unit with vinegar before draining. I put the intake hose into a cup of vinegar, plugged in the GFCi plug, and the motor started, and then the breaker on the GFCI plug went off, and I noticed water coming out of the tub by the filter compartment. I drained the tub and, much to the dismay of my wife, I haven't done anything with it since. My question is, is this probably a leak in the plumbing (which is covered in hard foam), or possibly a leak in one of the jets or motors. The filter compartment did have a a white milky residue in it. The control department showed no of moisture or leakage. I am looking for advice on what i should do next. Thanks

Re: 2000 tiger river sumatran hot tub leak and electrical is

Hi, welcome to TFP! I am bumping your thread so it will be seen by more of our members. Hopefully someone will have some advice for you soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.