pool leaks until reach the bottom line of skimmer

Jun 6, 2013
Hi, everyone,

I notice the leak since this summer. It seems to get more severely recently. Hope I can get some advice here and fix the problem.

I close the pump, leave every ins and outs as usual, did not add the water since 12/9. In the first three days (till 12/12), the water leaks from the middle level of the skimmer to the bottom level (almost 3inches). Then the water level stays at the bottom level of skimmer until now 12/20. No rain and not a lot of sun during this testing time.

I am wondering where the leaks would be? Is there anyway to narrow down the problem and fit it by ourselves? Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• photo pool.jpg
    photo pool.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 46
Most likely it's in the pipe between the skimmer and the pump. A good verification is to plug the skimmer and see if the leak still happens. If it doesn't leak with the skimmer plugged, it's probably a leak in the skimmer itself.

The first elbow below ground is a common failure point. If you can dig up the plumbing at the equipment end, it would be worth digging down and having a look. If the problem isn't there, it's probably going to be a little more involved.

I forgot to mention that there is still water in the skimmer basket. The water is actually over the basket upper edge. Does that exclude the leak in pipe between skimmer and pump?

Attachments

• photo pool 2.jpg
    photo pool 2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 40
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.