New pool equipment questions

New pool owner getting ready to construct 16x30 salt water in-ground pool. Retired living in Belize, Central America year round. Electrical cost is currently .25 cents US per KWH so electrical usage is a major concern. Considering the following equipment.
1. Hayward Ecostar VS pump
2. Hayward Aqua-Rite chlorine generator, up 40,000 gal
3. Hayward c17502s Star-Clear Plus cartridge 175 sq. ft. W/ 2in. SLIP

I would appreciate opinions and advise based on the equipment listed. Given my location and the inconvenience/cost of shipping from the US I'm hoping to reduce pump wear and replacement of filters and parts. Pool down time waiting for replacement parts to arrive from the US would create additional problems. There is a pool supply company but cost for most equipment is over double and in some cases triple US prices.

Welcome to tfp, buster626 :wave:

Do you have water features that require the high flow rate the ecostar can provide? If not, then you may want to look at the maxflo vs or the superpump vs.

The 40000 gallon swg should be fine assuming you pool is around 18000 gallons, we recommend sizing the swg 1.5-3 times the volume of the pool.

That cartridge size will work, since the minimum we would recommend is 150 sq.ft....but you may want to upsize to 300 sq.ft. to reduce the cleaning frequency.

Know water features currently planned. However we are on a cistern water system catching and storing rain water. Our current cistern is around 16000 gals. We plant to an additional cistern to support the pool during the drier season. The pool pump will be plumbed to move water from cistern into pool when needed. I will look into the other pump options you suggest and the larger filter.
Thanks for your input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.