NEC (not elsewhere classified) Justified: "Pool"

The amount and pressure of water spraying out of the bullet hole does not make sense. It was about at the water line and would have almost no pressure. Even if he shot a return line, it should not spray out like that. Maybe if he shot the line between the pump and filter. However, it did not look like that was the case.

Generally, it's best not to shoot at the pool or equipment.

New softwear cost money. Since we do not have advertising plastered all over the site the funds that keep us up and running come from member donations (and I suspect the site owner kicks in a fair amount of scratch as well!)

Adding a bit to what zea3 said, the site depends solely on the voluntary good will of TFP lifetime memberships for it's funding.

Advertising, however tempting, automatically taints the site as a user supported forum. I see no realistic way we can have the frank, open discussions about pool management remain completely uncolored if we accept advertising.

The current level of lifetime memberships does not support the significant expense of software upgrade that would help this site tremendously. Sometime next summer, we will be very close to our maximum capacity for traffic and that issue will stop being a nagging undercurrent and will be a full blown problem.

Right now, we are exploring possibilities to keep the spirit of the site intact and generate the increased revenues that we will soon require.

I wonder if you simply said how much you need, and give a suggestion like "If every repeat visitor gave $x we'd meet our mark" if that would get it done. I'd like to think people who enjoy their pools due completely to this site (count me among them) would contribute if possible.

Yes, I agree with crek31! After contributing the Lifetime amount, there really isn't another way that I'm aware of to donate more. With all the great help I've received over the years, I'd be more than happy to kick in some more!! And, Durk, I see that you have been a member of the forum since 2007 yet there is no indication that you have become a supporter in some capacity. Please correct me if I am wrong but that would seem to me to be a great way for you to do your part in helping update the software!! :p

Re: NEC (not elsewhere classified) Justified: "Pool"

I think you can always donate money through the same links that you do to become lifetime or platinum.

Thanks for your help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
midthgal brings up a good point. As we work towards some resolution of how to keep improving the forum, I think we can probably alter some things and perhaps make contributions cumulative....so something like "lifetime" "Super lifetime", "platinum", etc.

We are hesitant to solicit funds from this community on any regular basis but the reality of upgrades and improvements is something we'll start working on in January. I would suggest that y'all give us a bit of time to work out something we can all live with and then we'll make some announcements in January.

We are always VERY appreciative of those that contribute and we'll do our best to make sure the forum gives back to you in a meaningful way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.