Savannah Berry Update 12/13

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Dave sent me an e-mail and reminded my that I have been derelict in my duties and have not made an update on Savannah's music career in a while. Actually, it's amazing how fast time flies by and how much has happened since the last update.

I'll pick up since Savannah was on season 4 of The Voice earlier this year. They are really cranking that show out! They just finished season 5 and will start season 6 in February.

So, Savannah was on Team Blake and made it as far as the Knock Out Rounds. Yahoo Music and Rolling Stone Magazine listed Savannah as one of the "most robbed" contestants of the season for not being allowed into the live rounds when the audience begins to vote. But, it's all for the best. Her time post-show has been very well spent and the exposure was great and she made some wonderful, and really talented new friends.

This is far from everything but here are a few of the highlights since then:

1. Opened for Martina McBride and Sheryl Crow at the Houston 4th of July Show and then headlined the 4th of July show in Sugarland, Tx -it was a busy night!

2. Recorded an original Christmas song in Nashville (which she wrote), called "Silent Night Without You". Kristian Bush, from the duo Sugarland agreed to produce the song. The song is about being separated from loved ones during the holidays and she chose to dedicate the song and net proceeds to military families and has been working with the Armed Services YMCA. They help support military families and have a program that helps provide airfare to get service men and women home for Christmas! You can buy the song on itunes! Country Weekly just wrote a review which you can read here: http://savannahberrymusic.com/country-w ... -dazzling/

And here is the video (note: this was made on very low budget so that as much money as possible can be directed toward the charitable efforts. For those who are interested, all of the footage of Savannah was recorded on iphone 5). Warning...the ending will probably make you cry. We'd love it if you would share the video with your friends on face book and ask them to go download the song!
[youtube:xn9ena0u]XMDFA47ukzc[/youtube:xn9ena0u]

3. Lots of performances with her band

4. Played the female lead in Deep Love; a Rock Opera, co-written by one of the singers of the duo Midas Whale, also from season 4 of The Voice.

5. Performed for troops at military based in Kentucky, Texas and New Mexico and held several fundraising events for the charity.

6. Appeared in the Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade on the Houston Rodeo float and performed "Let It Snow" with America Idol contestant Vincent Powell.

7. Her Christmas song is now playing on Houston country station 93Q and she was just on air for an interview with them this morning and will be performing the song on Fox 26 tomorrow morning!

I'm sure I left some stuff out, but it's been a lot of fun with more great things to come! For those of you who would like more regular updates, the best way to keep up with Savannah is to follow her on Facebook (SavannahBerryMusic) and twitter (SavannahBerry15).

Merry Christmas!
Sean

For those of you somewhat new to TFP, SeanB is the founder of TFP. He got this whole thing started.

Some years ago (3???, 4???) Sean decided to leave ownership and management of TFP to JasonLion and me specifically so he could help his daughter pursue her incredible musical talent.

It has been a great story to follow as Savannah continues to shine and is a rising musical star. While it is quite rewarding and exciting for those of us that have been with TFP from the beginning, I encourage you newer members to check out her music........you'll be seeing and hearing a lot more from her and we'll force Sean to keep us up to date. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the update!!!

We were watching The Voice 4 and missed one week and when we picked it back up were disappointed she was gone.

Glad to hear things are going so well in spite of the short showing on the show.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.