Building a pool - updated

Dec 19, 2013
*Edit* I have revised this post rather than start a second thread. Attempting to be courteous :)

Hello everyone.

I just signed up for this forum and I am really happy to see the vast amount of information here.

Tomorrow morning I am executing the contract for my pool. (Houston, TX) We were originally set up to have Gemstone's finest finish as our plaster. The builder said we can upgrade to a Quartz finish for just $2,500.00. I wanted to know if anyone could point me into a direction for choosing a color for the plaster. Attached hereto is a picture of the idea color we would like to achieve but without upgrading to a top tier Pebbletec color pallet. The Quartz pallet we can choose from is here. http://www.gemstonepools.com/palette_ge ... uartz.html

Another helpful note is that we will have glass tile around the pool and maybe that will help us cast a more attractive color? Really looking forward to your suggestions.

(Freeform pool with raised spa - back wall will be raised - with near white travertine coping / waterline to have glass tiles)
Dimensions 33.5 x 21 x 17 feet. Approx. 17,500 gallons.
Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. )

Re: Building a pool

Jason, thank you for the reply! I will look into those testing systems.

I just met with our builder again. I also spoke with another customer of theirs over the phone. I think we are good to go to give this builder the green light and are going to sign up tomorrow.

We are going to go with the quartz finish in the pool. I am just going to struggle with choosing a color. Now to dig for more pictures!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.