Chiseled crack

Dec 10, 2013
I had a hairline crack in new gunite floor (about 4 ft long). PB chiseled it out to see how deep it was. Fortunately it was only superficial. My question is, what would be the correct way to refill it before pebble tech. Do I ask PB to patch it with hydraulic cement? with elastipoxy? cold joint gunite? Here is a picture of the chisel crack.

Attachments

• DSC06821.JPG
    DSC06821.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 118
other thing that worries me is that for some reason the crack is getting wet at the bottom part near the water line that has accumulated at the deep end of the pool. It was a sunny day today and crack dried but the bottom part got wet/humid again. why?

I would listen to what the PB says on how to fill the crack. If you don't like the answer, post back.

Don't worry about the crack being wet. Osmosis alone will draw the water upwards along the crack.

PB says that pebble tech will fill it and cover it. I'm a new pool owner, don't know how strong pebble tech will adhere to a crack like this and if pebble tech finish will crack later. Or if the crack shape will show over the pebble tech finish.
Anybody out there with a similar situation??
does pebble tech will do the job? or I need to ask PB to fill it first with hydraulic cement? the crack is 1/2 inch deep by couple inches wide, does hydraulic cement will adhere strong to a crack of this size?.
sorry, too many questions.

They used jackhammers to remove the old plaster in my pool so the surface was VERY rough with gouges and bumps everywhere. The pebbleshean just filled it all in and made it smooth. The roughness actually offers a better adhesion I think.

I would not be too worried.

When they built my pool they put 'weep' holes in the gunite to allow the hydrostatic pressure to equalize (thus preventing the pool shell from floating). These were just filled with pebbletec (well wetedge actually but same difference). My understanding is that this is the common way to do this and there is no problem with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.