Crack in Sunstone Plaster

Jan 27, 2013
Richmond, Texas
Hello everyone,

I have a 30,000 gallon pool that I renovated about 7 years ago. The pool builder added on a 15 ton waterfall and replastered the whole pool with Sunstone plaster. A couple of years ago, I noticed the plaster was beginning to crack on the wall under part of the waterfall (see pics). I thought it may be due to the fact that we had a bad drought that summer. ??? Anyway, the pool doesn't seem to be leaking as far as I can tell, so I have let it be. Now it has gotten really noticeable and I'm starting to worry that it may eventually become a big problem. The last thing I want to do is have to replaster the whole pool!

How can a crack like this be repaired? And does anyone know of someone in the Houston area that can repair something like this? I'd like to get some estimates.

Thank you!
Angie

Attachments

• photo 1-4.JPG
    photo 1-4.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 65
  • photo 2-4.JPG
    photo 2-4.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 64
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I've heard good things about Pool Works Tx. They are a plaster company who works with CLI and Wet Edge. You might give them a call and see. Patch jobs can't match, but I don't know what the proper/best option would be on a repair like that. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

Here is a link to their site. http://www.poolworkstx.com/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.