PLEASE HELP. Pool leaking 1 to 2 feet per day

Dec 17, 2013
Hello,

I just purchased a house in Feb so i'm fairly new to pools.

On Sunday I noticed that the water droped 6-8 inches in a day. And now every morning I check its down about a 1 foot. Its well past the skimmer and the jets. I have a schedule service call through my home warranty but the guy can't come out until Thursday. By that time the pool will be empty.

I'm very concerned with all that water leaking into the ground and damaging my foundation or having the pool get pushed out.

What can I do? I'm thinking about jumping in and covering the main drain with something to slow the leak. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Where are you located? What is your groundwater level?

If the water has dropped below the skimmer and all the jets, then that certainly would point to the floor drain. You could maybe try putting some sand in a heavy garbage bag and set it on the floor drains to slow the leak if that is where it is.

Depending on your ground water level, you may want to add some water if the bag seals up the leak. You do not want the pool water level to be below the ground water level or it could float out of the ground.

What type of pool?

Is there a light fixture?

You may be able to tie the bag to the pool pole to aid with placement.

You could plug the drain permanently, depending on the size of the pool it most likely is not needed, just make sure you disconnect the line at the pump also.

You can let it drain all the way down and walk down there and put a real plug in it as long as the risk of pressure build up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.